Saturday, April 3, 2010

Well Done


The second game did not have the late excitement of the Butler game, but it was more memorable, for me anyway. I've never seen anything like a coach embracing a player on the court like that. When De'Sean Butler was laying on the court in pain, knowing his college basketball career was over, Huggins layed over him to console him for about a minute. In that minute, I didn't see a basketball coach, I saw a father. That's what college coaches are supposed to be. Not a guy who simply calls plays. They're supposed to be mentors for these young players. In that minute, Bob Huggins showed that he definitely is.


Another thing that made this game memorable was that it made my previous blog post make me look like a genius.


Before the second game even ended, the announcers were already saying, "David vs. Goliath". Again, it's not like Butler is a double-digit seed. They're a five. If Duke or North Carolina or another big team were a five and made it to the championship, we'd hear nothing of this. Butler had the most consecutive wins coming into the tournament and people shouldn't act shocked that they made it this far.


No comments:

Post a Comment